Monday, October 18, 2010

Upset Saturday

Yes, I am upset.  I'm not going to lie and say that Ohio State losing to Wisconsin on Saturday didn't feel like a huge sucker punch to the gut.  Because it did.  

I do have a couple of redeeming points that make it hurt a little less:
1. I don't think anything could sting as much as Virginia Tech blowing it against Boise State in the last 3 minutes.  (It was that evening when I was still awake around 2am thinking about the game that I realized I might have a problem...)

2. I didn't have to sit through the agony of watching Ohio State get smoked by the Badgers as I was pre-occupied trying to cheer on poor UVA to score at least one touchdown.  (More on that to come later this week in 2010 Tour of Stadiums)  Someone told me that my "optimism was inspiring."  UVA lost 44-10.  Ouchie.

3. At least Ohio State didn't lose to an un-ranked team....
     Unranked Teams beating Ranked teams re-cap from Saturday:
            #5 Nebraska lost to un-ranked Texas
           #10 South Carolina lost to un-ranked Kentucky
           #19 Nevada lost to un-ranked Hawaii
           #22 Florida lost to un-ranked Mississippi State
           #23 Air Force lost to un-ranked San Diego State
           #24 Oregon State lost to un-ranked Washington

4. I don't have to get all heated about the fact that BCS wasn't going to put Ohio State at #1 anyways.  But for those that are ready to start following the ridiculousness of the BCS rankings, they came out last night...in all their glory:

No comments: