Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2010 Tour of Stadiums: Ohio State - The Horseshoe

I'll be spending the next few weeks on a tour of of Football stadiums.  The best way for you to get your stadium on here is to invite me to a game.  Ready? Go!

Last weekend was my annual birthday trip to Columbus to see the Ohio State / Indiana game.  It was an amazing weekend, as always, and I loved every second of being in the CAPITAL of College Football.  If you've never been to a game at Ohio State, there is nothing else like it, and it's sort of hard to describe, but I will try:)

Ohio State Stadium Stats:
Name: The Horseshoe
Date opened: October 7, 1922
Renovated in: 1999-2001
Largest Crowd: 2006 game against Michigan - 105,708 in attendance (and an additional 1500 watching the game outside of the stadium...me being one of them)

My actual FIRST trip in "The Shoe" was back in 2003 during a Spring Break trip to Ohio.  Someone left the gates to the stadium unlocked and well....you can guess what happened next.  (Let's just say there's a picture that exists of me ON the field)

My first game in "The Shoe" was in 2004 against Wisconsin.  We lost and my dad didn't talk to me the whole ride home, so I'd rather not talk about it.

Since 2006 I've been back every year for my birthday.  Ohio State fans LOVE their Buckeyes and never  disappoint welcoming me & dad back to Columbus.


Entrance to The Horseshoe
The Stadium...on the banks of the Olentangy River

Script Ohio - Brings a tear to my eye every time!

The "curve" of the 'Shoe 

Our AMAZING seats this year on the 50-yard line.  Thanks Joe & Rhonda!!

No comments: