Monday, February 22, 2010

Super Bowl of Advertising

Every year when the Super Bowl comes around, everyone waits in anticipation for the commercials.  Sure, it's exciting!

This may be due to my copious hours of Olympics coverage viewing, but I think the Olympics are the new Super Bowl of Advertising. 

Without a doubt my favorite commercials are the VISA commercials.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  Morgan Freeman's soft voiceover comes on telling an inspirational story about an Olympic athlete, and everything they overcame to reach their dreams.  I may sound blase about this, but seriously, these are my favorite commercials on TV!
The newest one I've seen, which goes with one of my favorite Olympic stories (and of course movies) is here:

And, of course I have to stick to my roots...nothing can top this commercial by ESPN for College Football Rivalry week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5cVJUfjCqQ

No comments: