Monday, July 18, 2011

Grids, Charts & Fun!

The moment has arrived.  Bracket-mania 2011.

You may remember last year Bracket-mania was started so my friend Lane & I could keep up our daily conversations about college football after she moved to Atlanta.  We succeeded.

Lane would consider year 1 as a success since she walked away with the jackpot.  Pretty sure my dad & I both see it as a failure.  Pick the sure winner, or go for the upset? That IS the question...

Sooooo, here are the rules.  Some modifications from 2012 + some improvements:
- Every week you'll pick the winner of the games played by the Top 25 teams.  For every game right, you earn 7 points (Touchdown!)  For every game wrong, you lose 3 points (Field goal by the other team) and if you pick all 25 games correctly, you'll get an added 2 points for the week (Safety)
Please Note: In 2010, no one got a safety throughout the entire season.  Something to strive for.


- You also have to be a follower of this blog in order to sign up.  (Probably should have started with that, no wonder I only have 14 followers..........)

- You also have to be serious.  For real, you'll get kicked out.  We've done it before.

Action items for YOU:
1. Look to the right and click on "Join this site."  Do it now.
2. Either comment on this post or email Lane or me if you want in.
3. Wait for the most exciting email of your fall to come around August 15 in preparation for week 1.
4. Pay in. Easy.

1 comment:

Clay Rogers said...

Natalie, I want in on the college pick'em thing your doing. Let me know what all I need to do.

I am sure you have heard, but there is a huge story yahoo is going to break mid August. They said if the Ohio St. scandal was a 7 or 8 this will be a 10. Apparently it envolves 4-10 big schools. Not going to lie, I am very nervous since the federal bingo trial has just wrapped up in Montgomery.

Also, I am surprised you haven't written anyting about T-Town Menswear (Suit store in University Mall in Tuscaloosa). Basically the same thing that was going on in Columbus this is just suits not Tats.

Hope everything is going well and tell your family I said hey.