Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ESPN Classics

Last year when I moved in with best roomies ever, we were appalled at the fact that SOAP Net wasn't part of our Cable plan.  How else would we watch 90210 reruns on repeat Saturday & Sunday mornings?!?  Then one night, the Verizon Fios Fairy came and we woke up to "Breakfast in Bed" - the greatest invention since Saturday morning cartoons.  Now we can get our fix of Brandon, Brenda & the gang every week.

If I could ask the Verizon Fios fairy for one more thing, it would be to grant us ESPN Classics.  Why isn't this part of the normal cable subscription?  It's a channel dedicated to playing all of the GREATEST games of all time! All....day......long!   Instead, I have to sit at home in jealousy while my dad emails me about everything I'm missing.

This past weekend, while celebrating this amazing country I love so much, I heard the the familiar sound of Kirk Herbstreit's voice.  I rushed into the family room to see what this could be.  Oh, just the 2010 National Championship game.  Auburn vs. Oregon in all its glory.  Don't most families sit around watching old National Championships together? No? Just mine?  
Want to know what came on after that? The 2009 Rose Bowl with Ohio State and Oregon.  You know the one...it's the one where all the punk Ohio State players sold their rings for money and took down their entire football program with them.  Surely this is why it is now part of the ESPN Classics programming.

It did get the wheels turning though - we're so close!  Just a month away.  But it feels like there's so much to do to prepare.  Super Fan & I need to get the 2011 Bracket up and running.  I need to decide which games I can get to this year.  I need to start researching teams to see who will be this years' upset.  

I think a personal day is in my near future...

No comments: