Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Q4 Status Update

Well, I seem to have done this two years in a row now. Clearly I need to work on my November time management so I find more time to blog during the most important time of the year in College Football. Since I did miss it, here’s my quick Status Report on all that went down in Q4.

October (See Tour of Stadiums Posts)


November
     • Defending National Champions, Alabama, lost to LSU
     • Texas added a few more losses to their belt and said goodbye to any sort of ranking or bowl game

     • Unranked, Northwestern, took down ranked Iowa
     • Once and for all, Boise State stopped kidding all of us and fell to Nevada

December
• Championship Central –
     o SEC Championship – Really USC? That was just painful to watch (sorry Matty, you know I always love you). Auburn took the title and packed their bags for Tempe
     o MAC Championship – Miami beat Northern Illinois. I’m sure most of you knew that since I’m sure everyone watched this…..
     o ACC Championship – Virginia Tech & Florida State always play each other tougher than anyone else. A sleet storm in Charlotte didn’t stop my beloved Hokies from quieting all those terribly obnoxious FSU fans who stole the Atlanta Braves cheer.
     o Conf. USA Championship – Another game I probably don’t have to tell you about since I’m sure you watched, but just in case, UCF beat SMU.
     o Oregon / Oregon State – Not a championship game, but this game was about as important as any other played this day. The Ducks prevailed and set their sights on their first National Championship dance


• The Heisman Trophy – Oh Cam. I’m so conflicted here. Yes, Cam Newton is a bangin’ Quarterback and deserved the Heisman trophy. I worry that this will be Reggie Bush part 2 in a few years, but let’s all hope he’s as honest as he says he is. The more pressing issue is getting this kid signed up for public speaking classes. I’m not trying to judge (too hard) but did anyone see that speech? Ah. Dagger.


 • The final Rankings -
     o National Championship - #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon
     o Rose Bowl - #3 TCU vs. #5 Wisconsin
     o Orange Bowl - #4 Stanford vs. #13 Virginia Tech
     o Sugar Bowl - #6 Ohio State vs. #8 Arkansas
     o Fiesta Bowl - #7 Oklahoma vs. Connecticut

No comments: