Saturday, November 7, 2009

Time to give Thanks

The month of November brings me two things:
1. Thanksgiving - a time to be thankful for all of the blessings in our lives and my favorite holiday of the year.
2. The home stretch to the BCS

Everything in college football seems to go crazy come November 1. Coaches get louder, players get more personal fouls and fans get insane (myself included...) It's like the lead up to rivalry weeks just gets everyone off their rocker or something!

This week brought on the craziness in full effect:
--VT lost to UNC (okay FINE! That happened in October, but it was crazy and unfair and just remember...it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to!)
--Alabama took LSU for a ride and sits comfortably on their way into the SEC championship
--Stanford brought down ranked Oregon
--Cal fell to Oregon State (looks like the state of Oregon knows something the state of California doesn't....)
--Colt McCoy started polishing his Heisman acceptance speech by passing 470 yards against UCF.
--College Gameday was live from the Air Force academy as they took on Army - doesn't get any more American than with the President opening up for College Gameday - CRAZY!!
--Uhhh TCU continues to blow everyone's mind by ribbiting to the top. (Yeah, I said "ribbiting" because I've learned that their mascot is the Horned Frog. C-R-A-Z-Y.)
--Florida beat Vanderbilt. Yep, congrats Gators! It's sooo crazy that you continue to beat unranked teams!!
--Ohio State and Penn State took their rivalry to a new level with the Buckeyes dominating in Beaver Stadium. Those CRAZY lion fans just haaate seeing their homeboy Pryor in red and grey!

Bring it on, November! Bring me rivalry week...Bring me the conference championships...Bring me the Heisman Trophy Award...Bring me the final rankings for the BSC bowl games. We're on the cusp of the best time of the year - ENJOY!!

No comments: