Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring is in the Air

Although the East Coast is currently seeing temperatures in the 40's and 50's, Spring is in the air and I couldn't be more pumped!

For the last 2 - 3 weeks most schools held their annual "Spring Game."  This is a practice game held once Spring practice has begun to give the team a chance to hit the field.  It's a day filled with trying out new plays, trying out new quarterbacks and testing out the old grille that has been packed away since November.
Alabama took the lead of the unofficial crowd competition, with the largest crowd in Spring Game history -  91,312 total in attendance.



Last weekend I traded in my Game-face tattoo for a dress and horse races in Charlottesville.  I know....I missed going to Blacksburg to spend a weekend in Charlottesville - It's weird.  But all I could think about the whole way home was how Tyrod did on Saturday.  So before I continue...can someone please tell me????

It's ridiculous to think that there could be any sort of rankings out, but low and behold, there are.  Spring games must have a purpose other than tailgating, right?  According to my boys over at ESPN, they're cursing the Tide and must be looking for some sort of financial endorsement from me with their top 5. 

In all its glory - the "Way too early Top 5" of 2010:
1. Alabama Crimson Tide
2. Ohio State Buckeyes
3. Boise State Broncos
4. Oregon Ducks
5. Virginia Tech Hokies

No comments: