Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chomping at the bit


Last night I went to visit my friend Matt and as we were catching up on all of the latest life gossip, the conversation quickly turned to College football starting this week. He was telling the tales of his plans for the South Carolina/NC State game this weekend in Raleigh and immediately handed me an article in GQ about Tim Tebow. My whole demeanor and attitude quickly changed as my lack of love for Tim Tebow became apparent.

I've always thought the reason I can't stand Tebow is because I don't want him to take away the "2-time Heisman trophy winner" name from my boy, Archie. However, I'm a huge supporter of Sam Bradford going for #2 this year, so that must not be my reason.......
I find a lot of people are black or white about Tebow - and a lot of college football players for that matter. Why is it we develop such strong feelings against a bunch of young kids out there playing their hearts out?

I'm all for rivalries and the tradition that comes with them, but I also think as fans we could all work a little harder to support even our rivals. Am I right?

I will say though....if you start doing the "Gator Chomp" in my face or holding your hand up to your ear like a phone, I may have few choice names for you....I mean, we're only human! :)



No comments: